Titebond WeatherMaster ULTIMATE MP Sealant
JMP Wood Linden
621 Commerce Road
Linden NJ 07036
Titebond WeatherMaster ULTIMATE MP Sealant is a premium-grade, superior polymer, multipurpose exterior sealant that offers unbeatable adhesion to most common building materials. It is specifically formulated to outperform all other sealant technologies, including VOC solvent, silicones, tripolymers and urethanes. It can be extruded in extreme temperatures, remains permanently flexible with no shrinkage, adheres well to damp surfaces and provides a weather-tight seal against water, wind, dust and dirt..
- IDEAL FOR: EXTERIOR APPLICATIONS LIKE: WINDOWS, DOORS, SHUTTERS, EXTERIOR TRIM, METAL/VINYL SIDING, GUTTERS, VENTS, RVS, METAL ROOFS, TRACTOR TRAILERS AND BUSES.
- SEALS: PVC, WOOD, CONCRETE, MASONRY, STUCCO, WALL PANELS, VINYL, GLASS, FIBERGLASS, PLASTIC, SIDING, FLASHING, SHEET METAL, KYNAR™ COATED METALS, ALUMINUM, GALVANIZED STEEL, COPPER AND MOST COMMON BUILDING MATERIALS.
- JOINT MOVEMENT CAPABILITY ± 50%
- PERMANENTLY FLEXIBLE - WILL NOT CRACK
- OUTPERFORMS SILICONE, TRIPOLYMER AND URETHANE SEALANTS
- APPLIES IN EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
- UV-RESISTANT AND VOC-COMPLIANT
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TYPES OF FOAM
- APPLICATION TEMPERATURE: Above 0°F (-18°C)
- SERVICE TEMPERATURE RANGE: -75°F to 212°F (-59°C to 100°C) white & colors, -40°F to 350°F (-40°C to 177°) translucent
- METHOD OF APPLICATION: Cartridge/caulking gun, bulk/sausage gun
- TOOLING TIME: For a 1/4” bead, approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity.
- APPLICATION DIRECTIONS: 1. Surfaces must be clean and free of any material that may prevent adequate adhesion. 2. Remove nozzle, cut tip of the nub and puncture inner foil seal. 3. Screw nozzle onto cartridge and cut tip on slant for 1/4" to 3/8" bead and place in cartridge gun. 4. Force sealant into clean joint. Always apply sealant in bead form. To ensure neat sealant lines, mask areas adjacent to joints. Once sealant is dry to the touch and does not transfer, remove masking tape. No tooling is required. It is the sole responsibility of the user to thoroughly test any proposed use with all substrates to determine project suitability.
- PAINTING: Sealant is intended for exterior use. If used indoors, sealant may need to be painted. In most cases, painting may occur one hour after application with a high-quality acrylic, water-based (latex) paint that does not contain plasticizer. For other paint types, a compatibility test is recommended.
- CLEANUP: Clean uncured material with acetone or isopropyl alcohol. After curing, excess sealant must be cut or scraped away. Follow solvent vendor’s precautions when using solvents.
- LIMITATIONS: Not designed for continuous submersion or use below the waterline. Air, sealant and surface temperature should be above 0°F. Copper should be coated to eliminate oxidation before sealing. Once sealant is applied, do not wipe with solvents or tooling aids such as soaps or oils. DO NOT TOOL – DO NOT SMEAR. It is highly recommended to use backing material. Application of sealant at high temperatures may cause the sealant to sag in some applications. Do not apply Ultimate MP Translucent to polycarbonate due to solvent cracking, for Clear and Colors check with polycarbonate supplier on compatibility. Sealant releases methanol during cure, check with substrate manufacturer for compatibility. For best results, store in a dry location at or below 75°F. Contact with asphalt or butyl may cause discoloration, but will not affect product performance.